Saturday, April 22, 2017

Session 9B

     I really enjoyed this lecture over documentation!  I have yet to work in a clinical setting, so the only experience I have with documenting is watching the therapists I shadowed document, and my internship supervisor spent many of her lunch breaks documenting.  If I could make a suggestion, I would love to see a documentation workshop before we start our level 2 fieldwork.  I am not sure if I am the only one that would be interested, but I think more than I would enjoy this!

     I like how you clarified that when an OT documents, that is our time to shine and really show that occupational therapy services are different than other services, and effective!  I am excited to learn more about interventions and how to document those to show the effectiveness of occupational therapy.  I am passionate for all clients in all settings to receive therapy services, and I agree through effectively documenting we will hopefully continue to show the difference between physical therapy and occupational therapy, and thus begin being referred appropriately by doctors!

       I am interested at collaborating with the medical students at UTHSC with orientations, volunteer service, and other opportunities! Ultimately, I think that knowledge of what occupational therapy is should start in our universities.  If we can start showing doctors in training what OT is, the benefits from it, and that we ARE different from PT, we could begin to build those relationships.  This will help, because when those medical students graduate they will always remember and have knowledge of the OT's, and be more willing to refer their patients to us, ultimately growing the field of OT!  I hope to use my position as Public Relations to get this started.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment